Friday, February 08, 2008

CHINESE NEW YEAR 2008
in the new year of 2008, I am glad to say that i experiencing alot of new things..
from starting a new semester, getting to know lots of new friends from the new semester 1 january intake and I've never thought that celebrating Chinese new year together with my friend's family (siu Ting) totally such a pleasure and a memorable experience.
Everyone in the house busy to clean their house and everyone has their own part to do.
from sweeping and mopping the floor, retidy their closet, clean the table and chairs, and decorating the house. I was there totally amazed by their energetic spirit and ofcourse i took part in it, not much though..I bath and walk the dogs. I was only allowed to have fun since i am the guess. They expected just to have fun. ofcourse i did!
this family is indeed very unique..the youngest family visit the elder..
example: my friend's daddy is the 2nd eldest therefore his younger sibling's family has to go over his place and after that everyone went over to the eldest brother's house. After that everyone went over to the grandfather house. Unlike my family, everyone gather and celebrate at my grandma house.Wishing one another happy chinese new year and those who are married will give the childern as well as the unmarried family a red packet filled with certain amount of money. That's our traditional way of celebrating Chinese New year.
I was a little shy not because i wasnt part of the family but it's because I could not really communicate with them. I was quite ashame of myself, I am a Chinese but I cant speak like one.
The most remakable memory was the part where everyone was gambling. from the eldest to the youngest! they elder grandchild's were playing mahjong and the rest were playing card.
I was amused by the freedom that they childern gain from the family.
In my family we are not allowed to gamble. not even gamble with a fake money. Infact we are advised not to play card at all. whereas SiuTing's family, they are good at it. They play with real money, from the minimum amount of 1RM to the maximum (not compulsory).
It was quite funny because I am older compare to the most of them yet i dont know how to gamble at all. I wasnt embarrased at all!
I really had fun.. Even though this is not the first time i celebrate chinese new year without my family but still this is one of the most unforgetable experience in my life. I wont forget this family. Such a kind and loving family.

1 comment:

ting^^ said...

haha...

i hope u will very happy and wont regret came my house for ur chinese new year...

1st... I really need to apologise with u .. coz i didn't have that much time to entertain you ... so u need to find a lot of entertainment for urself.... such as gambling with my cousin !!! (but i think u also gain some "pocket $$$, rite ?? even though u juz learn how to play card hehe)

2nd... i always busy to did my stuff so i always neglect you. And maybe u will feel quite boring and don't know what can u do...

3rd... i always eat n eat when the cny... then u also have to follow me ... so i think you may gain weight same as me !!!haha~~~

at last ... i am very sorry!!! if anything make you feeling sad, bored or etc ... so sorry my dear !!!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR ooo